Chandler Center for Arts: Arts and Entertainment
Living at The Cays at Ocotillo is wonderful and fulfilling. Let’s explore what our location has to offer. Looking for something to do on the weekend in Downtown Chandler? The Chandler Center for Arts is a hotspot for good entertainment. From family friendly shows to appearances from celebrities like Jay Leno and Bill Cosby, there’s almost always a show at the Chandler Center for Arts. The CCA is located in Arizona and is jointly owned by the Chandler school district and the city of Chandler.
The Chandler Center for Art functions as both a home theater for Chandler City High School and a performance arts center for events in the city of Chandler. The Center is located at 250 N. Arizona. Avenue right between Arizona Avenue and Chandler Boulevard.
Inquiring About Events At the Center
Hundreds of events take place at the Chandler Center for Arts each year. If you’re interested in purchasing tickets for any shows playing you can go the Center’s home website. You can also purchase tickets from the following places:
- Chandler Center for Arts Box Office that’s open from Monday through Saturday. Call for hours.
- Tickets can be bought at Stubhub which is a popular online marketplace owned by Ebay which links buyers and sellers.
- You can purchase tickets to Chandler Center for Arts events at ticketmaster outlets or by phone.
Tips for Buying Tickets
- When buying tickets for events at the Chandler Center for Arts, avoid purchasing from places like Craigslist and other classified websites because you run the risk of getting scammed.
- When tickets are first released, prices are usually higher. As the events get closer, ticket prices do drop. So if you are looking to score some inexpensive tickets for an event, you may want to wait it out. Be sure to monitor how many tickets are being sold, so that they don’t sell out before you can purchase.
Chandler Cultural Foundation
Events and programs are approved for showcasing at the Chandler Center for Arts by the Chandler Cultural Foundation a nonprofit corporation. The Chandler Cultural Foundation Management Board is made up of fifteen members who review and approve management policies at the center. They’re also responsible for managing and reviewing the funds proposed programs and visual art exhibitions.
There are a number of factors board members take into consideration when approving shows at the Chandler Center for Arts. Chandler Cultural Foundation makes decisions based on the community needs, artistic quality and whether the production is economically feasible. Programming ideas and suggestions from Chandler residents are welcomed and taken into account by board members. Suggestions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure that ticket prices are reasonable and generally affordable, programs and events are funded by ticket sales, donations, grants and income generated from concessions during events. The center receives help from volunteers during events.
Popular Events at the Chandler Center for Arts
- Free Summer Concerts – Every year the Chandler Center for Arts opens their doors to the public for their annual free concerts. No tickets are required and everyone is invited.
- Exhibition Hall – Enjoy journeys from photographers through their vivid and creative photography at the Chandler Center for Arts. The performance arts center
- NutCracker – This holiday season the Chandler Center for Arts will be showing the NutCracker all throughout November and December.
- Chandler Symphony Orchestra – This 2014-2015 season marks the 22nd anniversary of the Chandler Symphony Orchestra. Every year the Chandler Center for Arts has a special performance from the symphony orchestra.
Free parking is available at the Chandler Center for Arts. For large events there is a free shuttle service available to transport customers to the Boyer garage.
Tags: Center for the arts
, the cays