Our resort community, The Cays at Ocotillo wishes to always provide and serve. So if you’re entering or re-entering the Chandler, AZ workforce, we recommend some options available that will make the process easier. The State of Arizona has three agencies that are able to help those that are seeking employment, throughout the state.
Maricopa Workforce Connections – One-Stop Career Centers
Across Arizona, there are several Employment One-Stop Career Centers, offering services that connect employees and employers. In Maricopa County, the One-Stop Career Centers are run as part of Maricopa Workforce Connections.
Funded by the federal Workforce Investment Act, their services are free, and include the following job-search assistance:
- Assistance developing and reviewing résumés
- Aptitude testing and skill assessments
- Career counselling
- Resources and job market information
- Various workshops to improve your employment readiness
Arizona Job Connection
On the AZJobConnection.gov site, jobseekers can search through available jobs. They also offer two different Job Seeker accounts, Basic or Plus accounts, which provide users with different levels of resources. The Basic account offers:
- A Personal profile, including a resume
- Advanced job search abilities
- Email updates
- Saving job search specifics to your profile
Plus accounts offer all of these benefits, but also include:
- Services that have staff members match you with an ideal job
- Training and Skills certification programs
- Additional services for American Veterans
Education and Training
If you’re searching for a new job in Chandler, it can help if you have a good education and workplace training. You can achieve your educational and training goals, while working toward better employment opportunities, with the assistance of Arizona’s Dept. of Education. They offer adult education for citizens aged 16 and over, as well as career-based, technical educational services.
For job-seekers aged 16 to 24, you can visit the Tucson or Phoenix Job Corps locations for free training and education opportunities.
Arizona’s Dept. of Commerce offers additional training programs such as:
- The Job Training Grant Program
- An Apprenticeship Program
The Economic Security Dept. offers several different training opportunities, a few of which include:
- Dislocated workers program
- Youth and adult programs
- Farmworker programs
- Programs for senior citizens seeking volunteer employment
- Veteran assistance programs
- Trade Assistance Act programs
Additional Options for Job-Seekers in Chandler, AZ
The world of online employment opportunities has really opened up, and doesn’t limit you to local opportunities. If you’re having a difficult time finding traditional employment opportunities, there are online outlets for skilled workers, including:
- Those skilled at writing, editing, translating, or transcribing
- People with experience in website coding or design
- Customer service positions
- Virtual assistant jobs
- Research assistant jobs
The majority of these can be learned while working, and while they may not pay all of your bills, they’re something to keep you going while you’re looking and getting retrained.
There are frequent job fairs in the Chandler, AZ area, where job-seekers can go to introduce themselves, hand in resumes, and possibly even hold on the spot interviews with potential employers.
Similar to job fairs, there are Hiring Events, sponsored by a particular employer or industry, and they meet, greet, and interview several job-seekers during these events. This saves them time, as well as saving you time, and it’s a great place to start.
The innumerable online classifieds sites can be a little overwhelming. A few of the most reputable are:
- Simply Hired
While You’re Waiting
If you’re in a tight spot while you’re waiting for a new job lead to work out, there are assistance programs that are in place to help. One such program is the Community Action Program by the Chandler Christian Community Center. They offer to those in need:
- Financial assistance in emergencies, including housing, shelter, utilities, and referrals
- Ongoing support including financial education, referrals, training, and goal planning
, Chandler AZ
, job hunting
, luxury living
, resort community