The Cays at Downtown Ocotillo Global Privacy Statement - United States and Canada
This privacy statement ("Statement") applies to The Cays at Downtown Ocotillo.
We have prepared this Statement to inform you of the privacy principles that govern our use of information we obtain, including information we obtain through our website. Our Website is available to visitors located throughout the world. Our Websites are operated from the United States in accordance with laws of the United States and visitors to our Websites should be aware that the laws of the United States may differ from those of your country of residence. This Statement was last updated on April 6, 2016 to describe how the privacy statement applies to all of the information we obtain from you
Types of Personal Information We Collect
The types of personal information that we collect include:
- Your name, gender, home and work contact details, business title, date and place of birth, nationality, passport and visa information;
- Information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests or promotional offers;
- Contact and other relevant details concerning the employees of real estate services and vendors and other individuals with whom we do business.
- Additional contact information about you that we may obtain through third parties with whom we do business (e.g. Realtors, real estate agents). For example, if we know your name and postal address, we may request your email address from your real estate agent.
We may collect this information through a variety of ways, including from you directly, from our Authorized Licensees, from third parties with whom we do business (e.g., Realtors or similar providers).
Occasionally, you may be requested to provide personal information about others to us (for example, individuals for whom you are making an inquiry). In such cases, we rely on you to obtain such other persons' consent for disclosing their information to us which we will use in accordance with the terms of this Statement.
You may always choose what personal information (if any) you wish to provide to us. If you choose not to provide certain details, however, some of your transactions with us may be impacted.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use personal information in a variety of ways, including through personal contact, via our Websites, through emails and correspondence, and through third parties, such as real estate agents and other business partners. We use personal information for the purposes we have disclosed to you, or as permitted by law. In general we use personal information in order to:
- Provide the services you request
- Send you periodic customer satisfaction, market research or quality assurance surveys;
- Service your account and services preferences;
- Send you offers and promotions from The Cays at Downtown Ocotillo and its Affiliates and Authorized Licensees concerning any Statesman USA branded offers and promotions which we believe will be of interest to you including;
- to those related to Condominium ownership
- Promotions and news such as your account information, exclusive offers;
- Partner offers such as financial products, car hire, club memberships, among others.
- Ship products, information or provide services to our customers.
- Understand your and other customers' needs;
- Learn about our markets and improve our products and services;
- Comply with regulatory and legal obligations;
- Protect our rights and property
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose personal information in the following ways:
- Statesman USA Real Estate
- The Cays at Downtown Ocotillo & Statesman USA are pleased to present luxury residences in various locations. In addition, we also offer ownership interests in a variety of areas. As set out in this Privacy Statement, The Cays at Downtown Ocotillo and its Authorized Licensees may use customer's personal information for the purpose of marketing Statesman USA luxury residences. If you decide to purchase either a residence, you will be provided a specific disclosure around the personal information required to complete the transaction and the uses and protection of that information.
- Authorized Licensees
- Personal information may be disclosed to Authorized Licensees, for the limited purpose of marketing and operating the business that they license from The Cays at Downtown Ocotillo for the purpose of providing you with offers and promotions.
- If you connect to a separate website operated by an Authorized Licensee, including Statesman USA, the handling of your personal information will be subject to their respective privacy policies.
- Third Party Service Providers/Processors:
- The Cays at Downtown Ocotillo uses the services of third party processors, such as market researchers, fulfillment houses, email service providers and mail houses that process mail and communications for the Statesman Group, and including in some cases, for Authorized Licensees. These parties are contractually prohibited from using personal information for any purpose other than for the purpose The Cays at Downtown Ocotillo specifies.
We may disclose your personal information in relation to the reorganization, sale or disposal of all or a part of our business or assets, joint ventures and related business transactions, including in relation to audit or reporting and other regulatory requirements. Any successor or assign may use your personal information for the same reasons as set out in this Statement.
The Cays at Downtown Ocotillo will disclose personal information without your permission when required by law, or in good faith belief that such action is necessary to investigate or protect against harmful activities to The Cays at Downtown Ocotillo residents, visitors, associates, or property (including our Websites), or to others.
Security of Personal Information
We treat the personal information you provide to us as confidential and take reasonable steps, including standard industry safeguards to protect your personal information from accidental deletion or loss and unauthorized access, disclosure or modification. When you submit personal information to us via our Websites, it is transferred over a Secured Sockets Layer (SSL) connection, provided you are using a SSL enabled browser or device.